Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Post About Nothing!

I don't have anything life altering or deep to post.. basically right this minute I'm waiting for the dryer to ding so I can hang up jeans before I go to bed. I just watched the Boston Bruins lose a chance at the Stanely Cup and the Washington Capitals (ugh) move up. I am also trying to remember what else I was suppose to do before I finally drag myself into bed and hope I finally get some sleep. HA! I'm sure it will come to me! At church tonight my Preacher said his mom always told him a clear conscience was the best sleep aid.. so now I sit here and think.. do I have a clear conscience? and If not what do I feel bad about.. For the life of me I can't think of anything I may have done or said to cause me to have insomnia so much. I normally always enjoy going to church. Just being inside makes me feel good and when my Preacher gives his sermon it nearly always feels like God wanted him to talk to me.. Bro. Patrick my Preacher does say when a sermon moves you and you say I wish so and so was here to hear that! .. It would be great if they were but those who hear it are the ones who needed to hear it.. I know he says it better but that's basically it. I've thought that many times about a wonderful, deep sermon.. how I wish so and so was here for that.. but then remember what he says and start to think what did I need out of that.. I usually get a good lesson just thinking that over.. My nerdy tendencies are at work in church.. I take notes while he preaches.. I write down all the verses we need to look at, I write down important points he is trying to say... geeky I know! I have started walking with my friends mom every morning, and I love it. We walk as fast as we can for about 30 minutes. Its great exercise and I get to spend time with a friend. I also just started belly dance classes! All I need to say is OUCH.. stomach and back muscles are sore! but again it is great! I am hoping my uncoordinated self can figure out where all my body parts are suppose to be eventually. My oldest daughter is working on 3 writing projects for end of year (lazy teachers don't want to mess with teaching anymore this year) grades.. We have to make a solar system with an asteroid belt, a poster of Earth with facts and why beings would want to live here (sigh) and one on Mars.. Surely I'm not the only parent that sees lazy teachers getting out of teaching by putting all their grade in these projects. Good thing my baby is smart, creative and loves to write (don't know where she got that!). She will be done and turned in on time. There is the dryer dinging and time for me to put jeans up.. then bed! Hopefully for a good nights sleep. One last thought.. If you have never had South African Koeksisters your missing out.. easy to make and soooo yum... worth the little effort you have to put in.. Melktert is just as yum.. its a custard type dessert with cinnamon...my next SA try will be Bobotie.. and Vetkoek.. makes my stomach growl just thinking about it. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment