Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chaos IS my Life!

This past week has gone by in a huge blur of dental appointments, HAWK Center volunteering, Church, Vet appointments, an LOTR marathon and seeing the Broadway Musical WICKED  .. My head is still spinning from it all! We took our little kitten in finally to be spay/neutered. His surgery went great, only problem was he didn't have ANY reproductive organs to remove! For those not acquainted with our kitten Marshmallow's drama, we have taken him to the vet not once, not twice but 4 times to be neutered before we were told that he either is actually a female or his testicles hadn't dropped and are internal in which case they would have to go in through the abdomen and remove them. So on our 5th visit he had surgery. His incision is bigger than a normal spay and the vet searched all the way to his little kidneys looking for reproductive organs to no avail! The vet asked me if he may have been neutered before I got him and I told him no there was no way. SO our little kitty was a true asexual kitty.. a eunuch.. :) no wonder he gets along with everyone. He is healing up fine bouncing around and acting his usual nutty self. He truly IS one in a million.
Also,this past week we had dental appointments. I'm happy to say we all have healthy teeth. Though my oldest is going to have her braces put in this year it seems. We go in for her molding, X-rays, and other pictures they may need  for the actual appointment to discuss the braces in a couple weeks. This will just be a preliminary one.. yeeesh. My oldest daughter and I also watched all 3 Lord of the Rings movies. It was her first time watching them. We watched the extended Blu ray version and yes there is is a huge difference in the extended version vs theatrical version and DVD vs Blu ray. This box set was given to me by a wonderfully special friend who I think about every time I look at them. My daughter LOVED them. She is now reading 'The Hobbit' and will hopefully want to read LOTR when she is done. In the midst of the dental appointments and LOTR marathon, I had Church which always makes me feel good. And my volunteering at HAWK that always makes me feel needed. And I also need to admit I have gone on a Marliss Melton binge. I had already read 5 of her books but after receiving an email from her I was determined to finish them like I planned.. but never got around to. My favorite book has once again changed!! I absolutely love Next to Die. The way she writes her characters makes them feel so real. She doesn't make them perfect and perfect for each other. She doesn't make the characters fit like puzzle pieces that fall into place. This book is a perfect example. They may fit together wonderfully eventually, but it takes time to figure out which way they go and fit them just right. Solomon and Jordan didn't fit when first put together. It took effort and a lot of time to get them together. And again she doesn't disappoint on making you want the story for another character in her book nor does she disappoint in making you want to find out whats been going on with those she has already written about. I couldn't put this one down, but then I feel that way about all her books. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do! Going to see WICKED was simply Amazing!!! I had never been to a play let alone a Broadway Musical. I was enthralled. I wanted to go back again. I loved it! It simply gave me chills and goose bumps. I can't even express how much I enjoyed it. It is a behind the scenes story of the good witch Galenda and the bad witch Elphaba based on the book "WICKED" by Gregory Maguire. If you EVER get a chance to go to the musical you must go! We spent the little extra to be in the mid section of the mezzanine. We could actually see the actors faces and not just see bodies moving on stage. Well worth the extra $$. I was riveted to the stage I didn't want to look away. I just hated when it ended. I could have sat there for ever watching. I can't wait to go to another but I just don't see how it can be as amazing as this one. It will be hard to beat. If it comes back again I will probably have to go see it once more. Has anyone else seen this musical? Tell me about your first musical.  Has anyone else read a Marliss Melton Book? let me hear from you. Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment