Saturday, September 14, 2013

Where has the Time Gone?!

WOW I logged in here and seen how long it has been since I last posted. Where did all the time go?! We are now going into the 4th week of school already? Really?!! How did that happen? I could have sworn I packed my little girls off to their first day of school last week. No wonder I have lost track of my blog I have lost track of time and maybe even my mind! ( I say this with a big smile) In all this time I probably can write a lot. First off we have adopted a new kitty.. meet Marshmallow:
We adopted him from Needy Paws. He has been a super special addition to our family. When we adopted him he was suppose to be a she haha.. we found out the mistake when we took him in to be spayed and was told he needed a neuter. The poor guy was sent home without either because he was still too small. We have since gone in twice more and still no neuter for our little guy. The Vet says he is hiding them and he may have to go look for his bits. That's Marshmallows next big adventure. He also loves to play fetch with his big purple mouse and he really enjoys cuddles first thing in the morning. What else has been going on around my chaotic home... well we have been feeding the deer and watching his antlers emerge. They started out as tiny little nubs on June 8th and became 6 points the last time I seen him on September 10th. The 2 does he was traveling with have left him and at least one of them have had a fawn. I hadn't managed to get a picture of the fawn but I remain hopeful! We have a family of raccoon! As adorable as these guys are I have to say I am NOT happy about them being on my porch trying to pilfer any bits of cat food that may have fallen through the cracks. Sadly raccoons are very bad to carry a very bad zoonoses that I don't want my kids any where near called Baylisascaris procyonis. So I am going to set my live traps and catch the whole family and find them a new place to live further into the woods. Also I was asked by the HAWK Center's Director if I wanted to attend the AWF Awards in Bryant and help with the booth and the birds. That was really awesome. I took a lot of pictures of Tito HAWK's Barn owl Ambassador and Kate their Red Tailed hawk Ambassadress. Here is a great shot of Tito I managed to capture while at the AWF Awards. I have been taking a lot of pictures and posting some of my favorites to that site. I really enjoy all the time I spend at HAWK Center. It truly is a learning experience every time I am there. Right now there is a juvenile Mississippi Kite (MIKI) he came in with a broke toe that is now healed, but he still wont fly. He makes the most adorable calls that ever was made. 
      This video  was shot just a few days ago. it starts of a bit blurry but gets clearer. He only calls once but its sooo darn cute. The lady feeding him is the director. I was attempting to feed him earlier but I learned a valuable lesson.. I must remove my hat first because he thinks I am a big scary bird with a big scary bill. So lesson learned. He is easy to feed and such a sweet baby. I hope he learns to fly soon so he will be able to 'go home'. He has made baby step progress in that he has made attempts to fly when just a day or two ago he  wouldn't  even do that. So maybe my big scary hat did something good! If you would like to follow HAWK Center you can by clicking HERE.  It will take you to their Face Book page right now since they are working on their web page. Also I have been knitting tons of scarves. I don't know what I'm going to do with them. Maybe give them away at Christmas. And I have of course been reading. I can't seem to read enough. I feel like a black hole sucking in as many books as I can. Devouring and eating every word as if it was my last. I can't seem to slow down or stop. It is becoming hard to find books at the library and buying so many is going to get me in trouble with the family! hmmm Intervention? HAHA nahhhh I just need to go to a new library!!! Until next time....                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment