Sunday, December 18, 2011

Books Books Books

Growing up the where I did and the way I did books were the perfect escape. I could fight alien invaders, solve mysteries, fall in love over and over, take trips to exotic places or to the future.. the list could go on and on.. I can devour most books in one day if I don't have distractions; because I tend to suck them in so fast I am able to reread them again without problems..My oldest daughter can read 3-4 books at once. I'm not sure how she can keep all those fact and people and places separate but she does. I couldn't do it. She can reread her books as well. I think I have a future reviewer on my hands.. you know after she is done sewing up sick animals and wiping the drool off my chin.. My youngest is just now learning to read so we will find out next year if she is going to be as an avid reader as her sister and me. I don't watch TV often and movies rarely. My sole entertainment is books.. It's where I get my drama, my SciFi, my romantic comedy.. Their are so many books to choose from I will never run out. I keep finding new authors and when I come across a new series which I love to read I devour them as fast as I can.. and end up having to reread them again because I went through them so fast! Some books are not that great but I finish them if I can.. I can't stand to start a book and not know how it ends. If I start a series I HAVE to read the others in that series.. It's like a book OCD lol. Some books you have to wade through the sex to get to the great story line.. and I have found this more often than not.. I usually read just the speaking text so I can get back to the story line without missing anything that could be important to that story during the steamy parts. Some books are so stuffed with the steamy parts I can't help but roll my eyes when I turn the page and there is another one! But even then they could have a great story line just too much sex.. and yes a book CAN have too much sex. Some of my favorite authors have a habit of lots of steamy scenes but they have great story lines and it keeps me coming back to there books. I am a firm believer the woman can fall in love, solve the mystery, save the world, defeat the bad guy, all without sleeping with the male in every other scene..Ha! contrary to what some may think! lol.. I review a lot of teen books and Young Adult books and I think my idea of what a teen and YA book is is a lot different from what others idea is. I am sure to put what I love about the book but what ages I think this book is meant for. If I wouldn't want my daughter reading it at age 10 but at maybe age 15 it would be OK or better.. then I would put that in my review. The Hunger Games are considered Teen or YA books.. and I wont let my daughter read it for several more years.. mostly because just because she has the ability to read on that level doesn't mean she should and secondly because I don't think she is able to deal with some of the emotional issues there. I could be wrong and over protective.. but that's me.. Their is NOTHING wrong with her being sheltered from grownup issues. She needs to be a little girl first.. then she can deal like the rest of us do. So if you have a few minutes and you love to read take the time.. it is calming and can take you away from a crazy day. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment