Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Survived!

The Holidays are over and I'm still here! Dinner after dinner to attend.. Family parties to go to! Cooked for the big family dinner then I cooked for 2 days for our own dinner and the crown and glory the attack on all the beautifully wrapped gifts( hahaha)  that I spent so long lovingly wrapping! All opened in a matter of minutes!! Bodies of opened presents and flung wrappings crumpled and tossed to the side without backward glances after two sets of little hands picked through them for any overlooked valuables before they are all disposed in the garbage. They spent the rest of the day playing with their new toys and I finished up the last bit of cooking and served our dinner, which turned out great. Its a few days after Christmas now and I hope the girls had a wonderful time.. Its always sad for my husband and I since we lost his mom. She was a huge part of my life and of course his. And his Dad and Grandmother being gone so it takes us a bit longer to get in the spirit.. tho this year was the first time I cooked Christmas dinner for just us I think It helped me a little get into the spirit. Now we are waiting on New Years.. me waiting impatiently lol.. the girls go back to school on Tuesday! Even tho they have a couple of new things to play with or read ect.. they have been driving me up the wall! Tho I survived Christmas I may not survive post Christmas. I never thought giving them the exact same thing only in different colors would cause such catastrophes as I have seen in the last few days.. or a simple game called hedbanz would make them completely nuts. I look forward to the quiet peace of when they go to school and have school to wear them out then they will miss their new toys, books ect so much they will go to their rooms and be quiet again!.. I'm dreaming I know.. but don't crush it I wont survive!! (big smiles) Its been fun watching my little one learn how to do her new leap pad and my oldest learn how to work her new Nook.. And the artistry on the doodle bears are usually funny. Though I sound cynical about Christmas it was wonderful.. except for my sister in law being sick. I got to see my sister and her family and the baby loved her presents. The kids had a blast running through her new house. We spent time with his family and had a nice dinner. We said our prayers for our family, friends, and everyone and said our thank yous to God for Jesus and all the good he brings us and all the lessons we have learned this year. Hearing my littlest one talk about it and understand it is a gift in its self. So this year was one of the best Christmases we have had since Mom passed even with the the bad moments and sad moments the rip my hair out moments.. It was just nice being with everyone and happy and loved. So until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment