Monday, December 5, 2011

My Geeky Life

I have many interests and love to do many things but my two favorite things most would consider geeky or nerdy. I love to read, but I also love to watch animal cams. Africam is by far may favorite and to chat about all the animals we see with others who like me love to watch. The video above is a couple years old but it's by far my favorite to show what Africam has to offer. I have made many .cyber friends and acquaintances on the Africam chat and several others chat rooms. Why would a person want to watch a water hole with a chance to see an animal you ask? My answer is because when that amazing animal shows up it is an amazing experience.. each time is exciting and feels new. It doesn't matter that I have seen lions many times each time they show up on camera I am just as excited as It was the first time. And when very rare animals like the African wild dogs come to the water holes or the servals show up the excitement in the chatroom is palpable! The first time I heard the hyena's singing a chorus I fell in love with them and they fast became my favorite African animal. The more I learned about them the more I was amazed by them. The giraffe drinking from the water hole is always exciting because they are not exactly rare but they are elusive. And the moments when we don't see much we have the chat to rely on to keep us entertained. The people I have met there can be as fun as watching the cameras. I can't forget the Africam Boma in the forum. I have met several people there that have helped me learn and are the greatest help! I have seen the southern cross at Tembe thanks to Howwa pulling up the stars there. And I have learned many birds from several others. Also on occasion the Nkorho lodge will do something special for the viewers, such as World Rhino Day the lodge ladies and the lodge men put on a short skit and they sang to help show support for WRD. And for New years and even for some Special birthdays they try to do special things. We have watched a wedding on Elephant plains together and seen so many amazing and beautiful animals. A person is quickly pulled in and its hard not to look in to see what is going on or to look in the days pictures to see what they missed. In fact it's time for my Africam fix (smile) so until next time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment