Friday, December 9, 2011

My Sister Sarah

My sister is one of the most important people in my life. She reminds me of this often whether unintentionally or very intentional as she did on Facebook today ( big smile ). So today's blog is dedicated solely to her. Sarah isn't my sister by birth, she was chosen by me and God given! The relationship we have is as close as sisters can get and even better in my mind because we didn't grow up with all the competition of siblings for parents attentions. We never had to fight over toys, boys, or magazines, ect.. And don't mistake that we are two of a kind! We are so different as to be night and day! I love to read and write and watch football, hockey and a couple of shows on TV.. but not really a TV watcher.. She reads a few books but would rather read magazines and watch NEWS (ICK) and Hallmark shows that are all mushy.. she likes college football but could care less about NFL.. I like them both.. she cant stand Hockey.. I know just wrong right? But their are so many things we love to do together. We enjoy going out and having dinner ( who wouldn't I know) but we usually get in trouble for being too loud. What can i say, we have a good time. We like to cook for each other and just be together. Ha! She is moving this weekend and I'm hopefully moving soon.. delays delays delays.. but God will get me in my new house on his time not mine. We will be giggling too much to help the guys move I'm afraid... but I think they are use to that. Chris (her Fiance) Has a huge yard to mow now, hehehe, but he also has a nice patio to grill for us with a roof over it so he wont get wet now when it rains. The kids have a nice big fenced in yard. My sister picked a great house... not any closer.. but its great. I'm very very happy for her. Like most sisters we have our disagreements.. but I know she will say what she wants to say and I will get over it and I will tell her what I want to say and she will get over it. We don't play games that friends often play to manipulate and mistreat each other. Which is something I just don't understand. If I had to choose another sister I couldn't pick anyone better than Sarah. She forgives when is needed.. and she asks for forgiveness when she knows she is wrong (even if it kills her). But she is the best friend I have and I love her with all my heart. I have had a few friends in my life but none of them have been like what I have now. I don't know if my age plays a role in how well we get along or if its because we just are perfect for each other, but my other friendships never worked out the way this one has. I never called them sister as I have done with this one. I never let my children call them Aunt before.. So she is stuck with me whether she likes it or not.. my kids are hers, hers are mine and we are a matched set. When we all get together it is a FULL house.. with her 3 kids, my 2 plus our men.. wow.. its a good thing we both moved into bigger homes! Here's to Sisters! No matter if the blood is the same or not if they are in your heart they belong to you. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sis I couldn't have said it better myself! I love you so much and God brought us together for a lifetime! I know that some of the people he placed in my life for a reason or a season and I KNOW He's placed you here for a lifetime! I have never had a friend/sister like you before and no one will ever hold the place in my heart that you hold! I think sometimes God allows us to be born to a family that doesn't deserve us, so when he places us with our true family we appreciate them and are grateful to have them. Same with bad friends....we both know I have had some of them haha! I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world you complete me and your family completes mine! We are just as you said perfect for each other lol Love you sis! See you one day this week! Thank you so much for helping us move :) sorry I was in a cranky mood today been a stressful last few weeks ahh who am I kidding the last couple months haha! And needed my cigarette! Yes I brought it all on myself! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete