Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Hunger Games movie

The Hunger Games movie will be coming out March 23, 2012, I had the opportunity to write a review on this book when it was in ARC (advanced reader copy). This is a great book  with some very strong emotional pull behind it.. It doesn't matter that it is considered a Teen novel, it will hold adults attention easily. The book makes the reader face hardships and the blind cruelty of post war North America now called Panem where nothing is left but the 12 Districts and the Capital. One district, district 13 had been wiped out when they rose up against the 'ruling' capital. As punishment the Capital invented the Hunger Games where 2 children, one boy and one girl from every district had to take part in this farce but they had no choice. The children played to the death. Last one standing 'won' and lived in comfort for the rest of their lives... until Peeta and Katnis.. Now all that said.. the book sounds ghoulish, kids killing kids.. yes it was a bit hard to read. But the killing wasn't the important part it was the resolve and anger it brought; the change and the strength that it wrought. It was an excellent book that to this day I still rave about and still find myself thinking about because it WAS so strong and brought out so many emotions.

I hope the creators of the new movie follow the book and don't try to over sensationalize it. Its sensational enough.. The characters aren't what I would have expected from the descriptions given in the book. I always pictured Katnis tall, thin, lean.. Peeta very handsome, Gale rugged and muscled with some good looks but not up to Peeta's standards. My first look at the Official trailer gave me pause because  the characters didn't mirror MY imagined characters. I can't wait to see the movie with a couple of my friends. My hope is that it is just as good as the first book is and leaves me wanting to watch the second movie as much as the first book left me wanting to read 'Catching Fire' the second book. If you are a Hunger Games Fan you can go to their official website with the countdown to movie opening here: http://www.thehungergames.co.uk/

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment